Top Rated Online Casino Software
When looking to play the wide variety of casino games, it’s important for Canadian players to distinguish between casino operators and top online casino software providers. When you are signing up at a Canadian casino, those companies aren’t often the ones that made the online slots, or online poker games. Instead they serve as a platform to showcase these developers’ skills. Our goal at casino-library.com and of this article is to talk more about these developers to help you be a better gambler.
As more online casinos are entering into the scene in 2020, an online casino will often be approached by several casino gaming software developers. They accept these offers in order to stay competitive amongst the other online casinos. This doesn’t apply exclusive to slot games as casino software providers have branched to table games and live casino games. It’s even branched to Evolution Gaming as a casino staple.
Top Casino Game Providers in Canada
There are several casino software developers in Canada as the sport of online gambling in Canada continues to rise. There is plenty of real money up for grabs, though there is only a handful that make it to the top. Below is a list of some of the recommended white label casino software providers.
- NetEnt – This software provider is everywhere. You will find it very difficult to find a casino that isn’t providing these top online casino games. Some of the most iconic and popular games from this company are Gonzo’s Quest along with Starburst. Starburst especially as several online casinos routinely offer free spins for this game. The company is also known for their progressive jackpots in several of their games.
- Microgaming – Even though this is an “old school” company, they are still prominent in the online casino industry. Case and point, we are still talking about them to this day. They have a reputation of offering some of the largest progressive jackpots in the world with Mega Moolah being their flagship jackpot slot. That game alone continues to break records of highest progressive jackpot payouts.
- Play’N Go – Established in 2007, this company has risen over the years and is widely popular for their award-winning Book of Dead and Rich Wilde series. This puts ash gaming, elk studios, rival gaming and others to shame.
- Playtech – Having been in the industry for decades, this company often provides games fit for a first-class online casino platform. This company is the leader of many live casino products and has over 700 premium branded titles.
- Evolution Gaming – This company excels in live dealer casino games. They’ve been leaders in this area for several years now thanks to their remote game server. They are the gaming online software company that brought live streaming in high definition from land-based casinos to mobile and online. Thus expanding the number of games available.
- Yggdrasil Gaming – This casino software company established their software platforms around slot games. They did this by forming strong relationships with several top casinos in the gaming industry.
- IGT – Short for International Game Technology, this company offers the largest range of themed games. They take their roots in Las Vegas and still continue to offer casino slots and wonderful gaming experience to all. Popular games from them are Cleopatra 1 and 2, Wheel of Fortune, Da Vinci Diamonds, and more.
- Novomatic – A company that’s been in the market for decades, they made the shift to the online casino market and are now considered one of the must haves for online casino operators. Games like The Book of Ra have spiked in popularity along with Sizzling Hot, and Lord of the Ocean.
- Betsoft – Even though this company doesn’t have as much clout as the others, there are good odds you’ve played their games here and there. Popular titles include Good Girl Bad Girl, The Slotfather, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. This company has provided a good range of 200 online slots that have been picked up by several operators.
- Quickspin – The final on our list and like Betsoft, it’s quite small. Regardless, this provider has created some innovative online slot games for big casino operators. Quickspin is now part of Playtech.
Licenses & Security
Despite Canada being a growing market for the gambling industry in 2020, there are still high standards in place for casino operators. And since casino operators are merely a platform to provide games, a lot of the laws and regulations that apply to casinos also apply to the software developers as well.
Because of this relationship, the above-mentioned casino software developers are going to be licensed and regulated – just like the casino operators. Even if these developers with their game server are working behind the scenes of it all, they are still responsible for providing high quality and safe games.
What that means in more detail is that the company performs RNG (Random Number Generator) testing and ensuring that matches up with the RTP percentage. The software providers will also need to do a thorough examination of progressive jackpot games to ensure the pot is randomly triggered.
How you can check for the software developer depends a lot on the casino. In most situations, you can figure out who the developer is behind the casino game. That said, what really matters is that the site itself adheres to the UK or Malta Gaming Authority regulations. You can learn more about them here, but it means the games need to be tested a lot.
Mobile casino and PC software
As more Canadian players are starting to use their mobile devices, the gambling industry is forced to adapt in order to keep loyal players. As such, mobile casinos within Canada are on the rise as software developers strive to make casino games that work on mobile devices in terms of game development.
This hasn’t been much of an issue for software developers as they have been quick to provide various casino games that are specifically designed for mobile play. In those situations, the mobile game is optimized for touching and will produce lower quality sounds. This is to be expected since most online casino games are meant for tablets, laptop or desktops.
In the situation where a casino operator doesn’t have the game you’re looking for on mobile, it’s likely the game is designed for other devices. This is natural since mobile gambling is still new and there are clear limitations. For example, the screen size as well as the amount of storage a game would be taking on a user’s phone.
Live Dealer Online Casino Software
Live dealer online casino games take up a large portion of casino play despite the plethora of online slots. As a result, many Canadian players expect there to be more than online slots, but rather a good assortment of live dealer games they can participate in. With that in mind, many casino operators are eager to provide and today you’ll find very few casinos not offering these opportunities to their players.
A lot of the availability behind that is again thanks to Evolution Gaming who assisted with this technology for casinos to use. Today, many players can enjoy blackjack, roulette, baccarat, poker, and more.
No Download Casino Software
As mentioned briefly, more Canadian players are shifting towards mobile games. As a result, casinos and the developers are forced to adapt to the trend and focus on mobile focused games. In order to get access to these games sometimes you’ll need to download a casino’s app to your phone while in other cases you can download a specific game depending on the company.
Despite all of that, there are some situations where casino games aren’t downloadable. In those circumstances it’s likely due to the game not being optimized for mobile use. You’ve also got traditional games like scratch cards, sports betting where if a gaming platforms or a casino site offered a downloadable aspect, it would be awkward.
Features Of Casino Software
Casino operators offer a plethora of features and services to their players. However, some of these are contributed to what casino software developers offer to their online based casinos. These features include:
- Industry experience
- Technical proficiency
- Count of gaming providers
- Available range of casino online slot games amongst other games
- Specific features from those particular games (time gaming, instant play, progressive jackpot, bitcoin casinos gaming, realtime gamings etc.)
- Customization options
- Variety of online casino software solutions
- Security and reliability
- Safe and convenient payment processing methods
The list of features continues further still depending on the types of online casinos they are. Below we have several other key features to note as well.
Integration of online casino games
Another key feature that the best online software companies provide is online gaming integration. This is necessary in order for Canadian players to even play the games that the casino provides. In these circumstances, casino operators rely on online gambling software and the providers to provide innovative and creative products when people go to play casinos.
Integration of the games varies depending on the type of integration. Some are slower while others are much faster. That said, there are several ways to integrate games. Current methods in 2020 include:
- API Integrations – a set of IT methods in which gaming content is added to a specific casino environment. This is the slowest method taking a month or more. Often this one to use when opening an online casino as these providers often sell their games in large bundles.
- HTML5 – The most common and for good reason. Integration takes roughly 5 days to complete.
- Software developers specific platforms – A software company could have their own system developed for integration as well. For example, Quickfire has an open game system they use. The same is true for Scientific Games and EveryMatrix
Graphics and Sound
One of the most common features that a Canadian player will hear and see from slot machines to live dealer games is graphics and sounds. These two aspects are what captivate a player to playing with sounds of money, high beat music, and various loud sounds exciting a player. These things set the tonne for the player.
In land-based casino slot machines and table games, there isn’t a whole lot of interface to be had. Instead, these particular features are geared more towards mobile device users. This is the main reason for why some games in particular haven’t jumped to mobile versions. In some cases, the interface – using the touch pad on a mobile device – makes the game too clunky or having the game squished into a mobile version is simply unappealing – at least in the company’s eyes.
That aside, interface creates the ability to interact and appeal for mobile versions of games. You can spin the reels of the slot machine with a press and drag on the screen amongst other things. These small actions create a rush for players and keep them invested in the game.
Another key feature for online casino software companies is their mobile designs. This of course allows the integration of certain games to be added into a mobile library. Here at casino-library.com, we provide information on whether it is desktop and mobile gaming or one or the other.
Volatility and RTP
Volatility and RTP (Return to Player) means: “A theoretical and actual mathematical measure of the amount of money any given slot machine should and does pay back over time.”
An example of this is say you have $100 and decide to bet $1 on a slot machine every single time. If the machine you’re playing at has an RTP of 90%, you can expect to receive $90 back in wins.
At casino-library.com, we provide these kinds of details from all games that are in our database.
RTP for players can also be seen as a way that casino games offer value to their players. While there is no game that will ever provide an RTP of 100%, many software providers aim to provide a high RTP as possible. Some of the highest RTPs in slots you can find are:
- Ugga Bugga from Playtech. RTP of 99.07%
- Mega Joker by NetEnt. RTP of 99%
- Jackpot 6000 by NetEnt. RTP of 98.86%
- Jokerizer by Yggdrasil. RTP of 98%
- Blood Suckers by NetEnt. RTP of 98%
Other decent slot titles to consider are dark knight, bad wolf, age of the gods where you can win real money online from betting sites.
Despite these companies providing a good mixture of games, the company still has a focus for specific genres of games. Some software companies will prioritize casino slots with fast payout over live dealer games and vice versa. Nevertheless, this provides casinos with a sense of uniqueness to some degree. Just as casino software companies have their own sense of branding, the casino operators can create their own this way too.
Variety of genres and themes of games
Software providers don’t focus on a single genre or theme. They often take pride in providing multiple ones in order to stay competitive. The list of genres available that are suitable game selected options are:
- Casino slots: Within these there are 3-reel slots, 5-reel slots, video slots, progressive slots, and 3d slots.
- Poker: This also applies to video poker
- Card games: aside from poker, some may have Texas Hold em’, Baccarat, and Blackjack
- Dice games: Most popular one you’ll find in online casinos is craps.
- Live dealer games: While we think these are for online games only, these can be offline as well since these are broadcast in real-time every time. These apply to many of the above-mentioned games like Poker, Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat, and some from exclusive games provided by companies like Evolution Gaming’s Live Monopoly.
- Bitcoin games: some casinos do accept bitcoins as a form of acceptable currency and that number is rising every day. There aren’t any specific games yet that only accept Bitcoins or anything like that. These users get the same level of access to the games that people are using with real money. The only difference is some players are using Bitcoins instead.
Live Dealer Games
Thanks to Evolution Gaming’s efforts, an entire niche of casino games has been born and is thriving more than ever before. Thanks to this growing market, casinos are able to provide a large variety of features specifically geared towards these live dealer games. These include:
- High quality streaming services: Top rated software companies that provide these have ultra-high-speed servers that are able to provide amazing streaming quality so you never miss a thing.
- Compatibility with various devices: Not all games can be streamed on all devices at the moment. However, it’s thrilling to be able to play Blackjack or roulette from the comfort of your phone.
- Dealer competence: Because these sites associate with the best online casinos, there is an expectation that the dealer is highly competent.
- Game choice: to stay competitive, many live dealer games and their providers provide massive variance for Canadian players to choose from.
Tips & Tricks for Beginners
Gathering information from casino-library.com is a good way to figure out what’s the best casino for you and what games to consider trying out. But even with that information, you can still be clueless about certain things. To help you, we put together a brief list of tips and tricks to keep in mind before playing:
Check the rules before playing: regardless of the game being a table game or online slots, be sure to read the rules. Even if you’re already familiar, some rules can be surprising.
Don’t overlook terms and conditions: we’re used to scrolling through these all the time and it’s a bad habit. This is especially true in these cases as casino bonuses and even signing up has various stipulations. Be sure to read through them.
Track your wins and losses: Whether you’re gambling solo or with someone else, having a limit is smart. Gambling is still very addictive and you don’t want this to be a bad habit. Have an idea of how much money you have to play with at all times
Never assume you’re good enough or better: In some cases, overconfidence isn’t detrimental while in others it can be devastating. The key is to have a level head and know when you are feeling tilted or are starting to get tilted.
Don’t neglect personal finances or life expenses – Again, gambling can become an addiction and it can tear through your personal finances if you’re not careful. Instead of throwing caution to the wind, have a budget. A lot of players who gamble online often do so for the sake of entertainment and typically have tight budgets already. The last thing you want is to put yourself in a bad financial situation because you gambled too much.
On behalf of us at casino-library.com, we hope that this guide will provide you with valuable information about the insides and outsides of these businesses. Even though most players aren’t looking to start their own casino, it’s important for players to know more about these companies. This allows you to determine what sort of games are suitable for you and what companies to be looking for when determining whether a casino is legitimate. If you see many of these familiar brands at casinos, chances are high the casino is legitimate and isn’t a blacklisted casino.
What makes for a great software provider?
A sign of a good company is one that is able to offer their partners innovative software, products and services. These should be diverse, user-friendly, practical, and compliant to industry regulations. Putting in more specific terms, they should be offering credit card payment options, encourage responsible gambling, have good games aggregation and selection of games, an extensive gaming portfolio, and more.
Should I ever be concerned about these providers?
Often times not. Based on the relationship of software provider and operator, top online casinos are only ever going to deal with legitimate software providers and vice versa. Instead, you want to be looking more at the legitimacy of an online casino.
Does software ever impact payout time?
It can. While some casinos offer instant play, getting your winnings can depend on various factors. Those factors can be:
- Type of payment processor used.
- Type of payments available.
- What sort of customer verification ID process the casino has.
- The hours of operation for the team that handles withdrawal requests.
Where can you buy online casino software?
There are several reputable iGaming developers and providers out there including the ones we mentioned before. Finding them isn’t that difficult.
Do developers ever make free games?
Not exclusively. Developers will typically have a “free play” version of the game they’ve already made. All the casino operator has to do is plug that version into the site to provide these to customers. This is normally done by default already since some Canadian players play for free.
Aria RoyEditor of Casino-Library
Through this guide, you should be able to make better determinations about quality games and casinos. First-person software is a good indicator for quality games and quality company considering their relationship. They can also bring in a whole host of extra features which only heighten a player experience in gameplay, security, privacy, and receiving rewards.
To some degree, this software is able to tell you more about the type of casino that’s being run. Whether the company prefers slots, appealing to older or newer players and more. Through this guide, you should be able to make better determinations about quality games and casinos. I hope this guide will help you make better decisions.